Because of the many inquiries/solicitations we receive on a regular basis - and due to our experiences from them as a result -
we have found it necessary to set forth the following buying policies. They are subject to change without notice based upon further experience(s).
We have found that new situations still arise even after thirty years in the trade. Thank you for considering us.
- Seller's Requirements:
- You must be 21 years of age or older;
- You must be legally permitted to sell the item(s) offered;
- Item(s) must be shipped to us in good faith with the intention of selling in a reasonable and
fair market environment;
- You must ship the item(s) to us prior to disbursement of funds -
- Item(s) must be in our possession and in the condition agreed upon.
- We will pay for reasonable and customary shipping and insurance if we make an offer and it
is accepted within 10 (ten) consecutive days; if offer is not accepted, the seller(s), will pay for actual
shipping and insurance costs both ways; this must be paid in advance before return shipment;
- Customs duties and tariffs are the responsibility of the seller unless otherwise negotiated, duly
noted, and accepted in writing by both buyer and seller; we do not return ship outside the USA.
- Shipping, duties, tariffs, etc., may also be negotiated as part of the purchase.
- Packaging must be in accordance with customary standards as with UPS standards explained in
Preventing Claims. Under this heading are the basic UPS standard packaging requirements.
- We will return items in your packaging, so package well.
- Offer(s) to Purchase:
- If you do not have a price in mind or we have not yet made you an offer, we will provide you with
what we determine to be a fair market assessment of your item(s) after our receipt of the item(s);
generally this will transpire within three business days after receipt of the item(s).
- If we make you an offer - and you accept - we will make payment via US Postal Service Priority Mail within
three business days after you accept the offer in writing (e-mail, fax, or regular mail).
- If we make you an offer, and you do not accept, we will provide you with what we determine to be a
fair market assessment of your item(s); we will then return your item(s) to you at your expense, plus a "5%
of appraised value fee" for handling. These charges must be paid before item(s) can be return shipped.
- If for some unknown reason we do not - or cannot - make you an offer, we will notify you of our disposition and
provide you with what we determine to be a fair market assessment of your item(s); we will then return your
item(s) to you at your expense. These charges must be paid before item(s) can be return shipped.
If you choose not to have the item(s) returned to you, we will dispose of the
item(s) as necessary without compensation to you.
- We do not make "blind" offers. We must have the item(s) in our possession to properly evaluate. We can only
assume from images that an item is generally as described. Although photographic images can be helpful, they
can also be deceptive. An offer simply cannot be made from images alone.
- We will make an offer in good faith on your original collectible items. We will generally not make offers on
"tourist trade" or low quality modern reproduction items.
- Abandonment of Item(s):
- If any item(s) cannot be returned to seller after 90 (ninety) days, through no fault of the buyer, item(s)
will be dispositioned as "abandoned goods" and sold without recourse.
Reasons for sales of abandoned goods may include - but not limited to - the seller's:
- Failure to provide a legal physical return address (post office boxes are not acceptable);
- failure to provide a legal physical address within the continental United States of America.
- failure to provide necessary signed copy of Federal Firearms License (post-1898 firearms) to which firearms
can be return shipped legally;
- failure or refusal to pay for return shipping or "5% of appraised value" handling fee.
- inability to receive or acquire returned item(s) legally, i.e. seller cannot legally possess or acquire a firearm.
- Item(s) must be shipped to us in good faith with the intention of selling in a reasonable and fair market
environment; we mainly sell to knowledgeable collectors and they are generally aware of fair market value(s);
- Item(s) will be inspected, generally, within three business days of receipt of shipment; if additional
time is required, this must be agreed upon by both parties.
- We will make a good faith offer for your item(s); we do not play pricing games, nor do we allow ourselves to get into
bidding wars. Be conscious of this. We may withdraw our offer.
- Buyer is not responsible and will not be held liable for damage to any item(s) in transit or otherwise.
- Shipping any item(s) to us constitutes an acceptance of these policies in their entirety.
- Appraised value handling fee is set at 5% of determined fair market value. For example, an item valued
at $1,000 US will be assessed a fee of $50 US, an item valued at $100 US will be assessed a fee of $5 US.
We do not inflate values for the purpose of acquiring high dollar fees.
Item(s) must be shipped to:
C. Alan Russell
The History Store
349B, CR 118
Llano, Texas 78643